I am of the opinion that our nation, the United States of America, is somewhat broken. I would like it fixed.
1) We are all people
2) We don’t have kings anymore
3) Locking people up for mistakes is a bad idea. It presently makes them almost unemployable which is a waste of their human potential. It would be much better to give them supervised community service for their errors. Perhaps teach them a trade if they don’t have one. Young people with good backgrounds or not do make errors. We should help them rather then imprison them. The male human brain doesn’t fully develop till almost age 30. It’s evil to lie including dropping a bag of drug residue into a person you don’t like automobile or similar things to implicate people who may or may not have done something bad.
4) People may have forgotten some things which I’m trying to pass on.
a) The Golden Rule – as people we should try to treat others as we would like to be treated. For people of other cultures,we should try to treat them as they would like to be treated, e.g. As-salamu alaykum
b) The 2A protects our human right Self Defense. God does love us. He gave us selves. It’s a uniquely American right that allows us to defend our selves from rape and murders. As Americans, we should take pride in our nation and it’s people and the Nations history. Please share. Don’t you want your daughter or granddaughter to be able to fend off a rapist or other violent person ?
5) It would be good for our nation to have goals. The Mercury, Gemini, and Apollo programs where major achievements of our nation and the human race. We should continue. Let us not stop after the Skylab, the ISS, Pathfinder, the Mars Rovers Spirit and Opportunity and the Mars Exploration Rovers. Let’s move on. It’s our manifest destiny.
6) Healthcare is important as it relieves suffering. However, I don’t really care to live past 75. I’ve accomplished most of what I want to accomplish already. If you haven’t already, I’m sorry. I can say however, that life is good. I enjoy life. I hope you do too.
7) Mothers are Saints. They went through a lot to bring you into the world. You have no idea what they went through. Please venerate and respect them no matter what. Life for them may have been difficult at times. Please try to understand without digging to deeply. It’s the right thing to do. As people in God’s image it would be a good thing if we respected each other no matter what their proclivities are even if you don’t understand.
8) People tend to have vices. Smoking, alcohol, illicit drugs. While not good, I know that prohibition doesn’t work. It would be better to tax it and put the money to education.
9) Kids need freedom to develop properly. They do need to gradually get more freedom to develop into proper adults. We don’t need a nanny state. Sure, kids may make a mistake and bad things do happen on very rare occasion but thankfully they are rare but tragic. The media makes a spectacles of the bad things that do happen and rarely document the good things that happen.
10) Education is good. Not everyone wants or has the ability to become President but, all things are possible. It would be good if people valued education and trades equally as they are important. When you need a plumber or electrician or mechanic you really need a good one. It would be good to try your best to fulfill your potential as a person. As Americans, that’s more possible then in some other nations.
May God Bless America, please.
Justice for my Fellow Americans by Adam Selene is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.